Who we are
Founded in 2013, as UTM Technology Entrepreneurship Centre (UTMTEC) and later switch its name to UTM Centre for Student Innovation & Technology (UTM XCITE) as a result of merging with Centre for Student Innovation ( CSI) in October 2017. A collaborative centre in innovative and entrepreneurial learning that unleash the spirit of collaborative innovation and entrepreneurship among UTM communities, SMEs and entrepreneurship development agencies.High Impact, Timely Relevant & Highly Experienced programs such as Design Thinking, SME Graduates, Business Modelling and Maker Labs which could transform participants into becoming innovative and entrepreneurial. Working closely with strong local and international partners such as MTDC, MDEC, US Embassy, Techstars, that are providing participants' experience with life ready mindset and heartset. Transforming UTM Students into Entrepreneurial workforce and Innovative Technology Entrepreneurs.
To be a collaborative center in innovative and entrepreneurial learning
To unleash the spirit of collaborative innovation and entrepreneurship among UTM communities, SMEs and entrepreneurship development agencies.
Our Core Values
Creativity, Innovation & Start-up
- Offers mentoring services to students involved in innovation and entrepreneurship challenge.
- Offers coaching services to students, staff and SMEs.
- Offers class innovation & community to students in service learning, class entrepreneurship.
Community & Industry Engagement
- Implement impactful programmes through collaboration with other agencies / NGOs.
- Leverage networking and collaboration with industrial partners.
Business Sustainability & Growth
- Support for student startup through linkages with UTM alumni, funders, government agencies and industries.
- Assist SMEs to accelerate business locally and globally.